Photos: Curvy Kate
When it comes to finding the right bra-size it can be a pain, and your height and weight all play a part in discovering the perfect fit. To make the process less stressful, UK brand Curvy Kate has created a formula for finding the perfect bra. From testing different fabrics to providing a size range that goes up to 46G, the brand has dedicated its mission to pure comfortability. ESSENCE got a chance to chat with the Curvy Kate PR and Marketing Director, Kate Weir about how to find the perfect bra-size, read below.
Weir: A lot of women just buy lingerie from high street retailers who aren’t lingerie specialists and stop at a DD. With a lingerie specialty like Curvy Kate, we start from a 28D right through to a 40K and 46G (UK sizes).
Photo: Curvy Kate
Weir: Here are some tips on how to tell if your bra size is correct:
• The band is firm and sits under the breast.
• The bust is encapsulated in the bra cups.
• Centre wire sits flush to the breast bone.
• Bra wire sits behind the breast tissue.
• The bust is separated and lifted.
• Straps have a two-finger tension.
• The bra is worn on the loosest hook when new.
• The back band sits straight, right around the body and offers 80% + of the support.
Photo: Curvy Kate
Weir: Curvy Kate is special because the brand creates lingerie which is not only functional but it is fabulous. From the colors and prints to the shapes and designs, we like to create lingerie which makes women feel amazing.
Our latest campaign – #IAmCurvyKate is really unique as women can shop for a body like theirs by seeing other women wearing our best selling bras from 28-40 D-K cup.You simply choose your size and images of women wearing that bra size in our styles comes up.
For more information on Curvy Kate, visit here.